Sunday, February 22, 2009

Second Verse Same as the First

Braden is doing great since his transfusion last week. But Brock started showing signs of hemolysis this week so we had his blood checked on Friday. The doc himself called me with the results and his hemoglobin was 6.9. We went back to the hospital for Brock to receive his blood transfusion. The hematologist met us up on the floor and told us we could go home as soon as he finished the transfusion. I was so happy that I wouldn't have to stay the night in the hospital again. So Brock got an IV in his head and they started the blood at 10:30 and we went home at 3:00 in the morning. Since then, Brock has picked up on his feeding again and generally seems to feel better. 
We will take both boys to the hematologist's office tomorrow for the first time. I think he will probably want to run blood work on both boys since they both got it. He is fairly confident the boys are identical twins since they both had this very rare blood complication. It is possible they are still fraternal, but not very likely. If Brock hadn't gotten it, they would be fraternal twins for sure. I may have been a little curious about this information, but I sure didn't want to find out this way. God has been with these little boys since before they were born and He is still a constant presence. We thank Him for saving both of our sons.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Thanks for the update. Hopefully this is all past us now. Give the guys a kiss for me...I cant wait to hold them.