Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Week Two

Well, modified bedrest is proving easier to do than I thought.  The only difficulty I am having is not being able to bake.  I love watching cooking shows and then trying out some of the things I see and not being able to do it this year has been a little hard. My family starts getting here today for Thanksgiving and I want to be in the kitchen baking sweet treats more than anything.  But I know what I am doing is way more important this year.  I just love making dough for homemade rolls and filling the air with that sweet, yeasty aroma.  Ahh, that's life (I tried to type that in French, but I have no idea how to spell it.)  As for the boys, they are getting bigger every day and I am able to actually feel their feet and hands with my fingers right now when they are moving. It is really neat and really strange at the same time considering there are eight of them (hands and feet that is, not babies!)  
Sydney is doing great with Mommy not being able to do very much.  She and Tony are having a great time together. He was able to take her on all the errands on Saturday, which she really loved.  And after her nap, Tony took her to see her very first movie. Her best friend, Ardyn, and her daddy (Tony's best friend), came with them and they had a father-daughter double date. What a special treat that was for all of them!  When they were leaving for church on Sunday morning, I heard her say to Tony as they were walking out the door, "We will miss Mommy." So she is understanding that I just can't do very much right now and she is okay with it.  Having family here this week will be really great for her since all our family lives at least four hours away.  

1 comment:

Lori said...

I can't believe that it is just 7 weeks until you will be at 34 weeks!! Where has time gone? I also think it is SUPER cool you can feel the boys' hands and feet!! Amazing!